Category : General Health Knowledge
I received a digital calendar from The Health Science Academy* recently with some interesting facts on each month. I can’t help but to share them with my readers. Here it goes…
1. Exposure to cold temperatures can burn off 300 to 500 extra calories a day.
2. Your heart beats 100,000 times and pumps 23,000 liters of blood per day.
3. By standing up 3 hours a day you would burn an extra 30,000 calories a year.
4. 30 minutes of bright morning light reduces your weight gain risk by up to 20%
5. You may eat 549 calories extra if you miss only 80 minutes of sleep.
6. Your muscles are 79% water and even your bones are watery: 31%
7. Drinking 2 liters of water a day can raise your energy expenditure by 400 calories.
8. Eating 7 portions of fruit and vegetables a day reduces your mortality risk by 42%
9. Music can increase endurance by 15% and lower your perceived effort rate by 12%
10. Interrupting prolonged sitting with brief 2-minute breaks decreases cancer risk.
11. Your moving muscles pump fresh oxygen in the brain and trigger feel-good chemicals.
12. Immersing yourself in deep reading 6 minutes a day can reduce stress by 68%* The Health Science Academy is an education online training provider, which focuses on science-based courses, from Sports and Exercise Nutrition, to Clinical Weight Loss, to Advanced Supplements